Examples of Body Language
Your Actions Tell On
Your Low Self Esteem
Examples of body language may help you find more appropriate gestures if you are wanting to project positive self esteem and more self confidence. If you are working hard on your self esteem then don't blow it by choosing negative body language. If your goal is in
improving self esteem,
and you want to also show more self confidence, then you may need to check your nonverbal communication ques.
We have all heard these old proverbs:
“Actions speak louder than words”.
“Watch what they do, not what they say.”
And, “It’s now what you say, but how you say it!”
These hold true when it comes to most all nonverbal communication. Research has shown that 55% or more of a persons communication is nonverbal. So what you are doing, your actions, can at times be more relevant than what you say.
Here are some examples of poor body language. Remember, poor body language equals or at least shows to other people that you may have an issue with
low self esteem.
While you can’t just up and join a body language training boot camp, you can take some time and notice your actions, and then make corrections in order to project a more positive self esteem.
Start telling the world that you have self confidence! You can start now, without saying a word!
Examples of Body Language
- Gesture: Walking with hands in pockets, shoulders hunched. Meaning: Dejection
- Gesture: Brisk, erect walk. Meaning: Confidence
- Gesture: Standing with hands on hips Meaning: Readiness, aggression
- GestureStanding with one hand on hip or one hand in pocket Meaning:Openness
- Gesture: Arms crossed on chest Meaning: Defensiveness
- Gesture:Arms loosely held at side Meaning:Openness
- Gesture: Patting/fondling hair Meaning: Lack of self-confidence; insecurity
- Gesture: Steepling fingers Meaning: Authoritative
Other Positive Body Language Examples
Try to project a balanced image. Not overbearing, yet not tiny and diminutive. A friendly, confident balance.
- Don’t fidget around. Be relaxed and keep your hands relatively still, no picking, or twiddling.
- Smile! But be real~a constant smile can seem fake.
- Keep positive eye contact.
- Slow down your movements, your speed of talking, and tone of voice. Especially if you are nervous.
- Mirroring the body language of someone that you agree with by following~follow their movements after they do something. Again, try and keep it real, not stalkerish!
For best results, practice these correct examples of body language~but remember to work on some
self esteem activities.
It will take working on both the inside and the outside to bring a correct balance!
Examples of Body Language<----leave here and return to The Self Esteem Shop
Or, Return to Women's Self Esteem
More Information For You
The mother-daughter relationship is a vital part of your teenagers self esteem. She will learn many things from you.(Many from the examples of body language that you are showing her!) Great self esteem is one among many things you can teach her.
What is self-hatred? Do you think that you suffer from this? Hating one's self seems like an overly simplistic answer, and it is. It is a low self esteem issue that has deeper implications?
Effects of Eating Disorders
The effects of eating disorders can range from heart and kidney damage to hair loss and brittle bones. Yet, the effects can and often do go deeper than the physical.
Building Self Esteem Games
Are you looking for way in building self esteem games for kids? The benefits of healthy esteem for your child will last a lifetime, best to start now.
Treatments For Anxiety Disorder
What are some treatments for anxiety disorder? For panic attacks? There are several recommended treatments ranging from medication to therapy, and learning techniques to help overcome these attacks.
Self Esteem Affirmations
What are self esteem affirmations and how is the best way to use them? Are you looking needing some self esteem self help? Affirmations are one of the best ways to help boost your self esteem.
Self Confidence Courses
Are you looking for self confidence courses? Do you know that having self confidence can greatly enhance your success and lead to a more productive and satisfying life? Read on!
Self Esteem Training: How to Boost Your Confidence and Self Esteem
Self esteem training can be a great way to boost your low self esteem. You may not need to spend thousands of dollars for therapy if you can find the right kind of self help training to do at home.